Boogalu and Pearl's Page

A blog about Boogalu and Pearl, Beagles who were rescued.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Just when you think .....

More about poop, of course.

Pearl had a great day yesterday. I caged her in order to avoid any presents and she did what appeared to be a normal poop when we walked that afternoon. I was happy. Pearl was relieved. Then the other shoe dropped. About an hour later, I was standing out back when Pearl pooped again. Only it wasn't poop, but blood. An alarming amount of it. I almost freaked. Then, being a good dog owner, I grabbed a sample and called the vet. I love my vet. She's great. We got right in.

Pearl, it turns out, has colitis. Most likely caused by the abrupt switch in dog food. So the poor thing is on a bland prescription diet for a few days, as well as medication. She's doing great and you can't even tell she has any tummy (or butt) issues. She's active and hungry.

We'll try the dog food switch again when we return from our weekend trip. Slowly this time. Really slowly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's scary!! Cecil and Emma had a bought of colitis a couple of years ago and it was just icky. Hope Pearl is better soon.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home