Boogalu and Pearl's Page

A blog about Boogalu and Pearl, Beagles who were rescued.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Beaglism

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that Pearl has been really blossoming here at the new house. Ever since she nearly caught a bunny in the garden, she’s been more aggressive with her toys, a little pushy for snuggling, and generally more beagley.

It’s been great fun, really. Until she found the Nutrisystem bars in the dining room. Neither hound had ever shown interest in something wrapped (i.e., food bars). I had put some on the floor (big mistake) to get into the box the bars were sitting on. Pearl ate about half a chocolate covered granola bar. Talk about a spun-up dog. She never got sick, but had the zoomies for about an hour.

This morning I put the Halloween candy on the floor in the kitchen. (I know.) Now, the candy was in a plastic grocery bag, tied, and the candy was in its own bags, within their own individual wrappers. Little bitch got into the grocery bag, got a bag of Butterfingers opened, and snarfled a fun-size Butterfinger. I yelled her name, she snatched up the Butterfinger she’d not finished with and took off. I policed up the bag of bags, and then went after her. She finished the Butterfinger. Then slunk around because she knew I was mad at her. They are caged off in the kitchen during the day anyway, so I don’t suspect anything will come to harm and she’ll just have another case of the zoomies.

Okay, so with Pearl, no food items go on the floor, wrapped or otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home