Boogalu and Pearl's Page

A blog about Boogalu and Pearl, Beagles who were rescued.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Spoke too Soon

Well, I got home yesterday afternoon and there was a bloody pile on the carpet by the downstairs door. So, it's back in the cage, and back on the bland diet for Pearl. I called the vet and asked how long should Pearl be on the bland diet or should I try another type of food. The vet said three weeks on the bland diet to let her colon completely heal and rest. Then we try again. Boogalu's foster mom said one of her beagles has colitis and is on a special diet. I'm going to ask her what food that is and maybe try that after the three week rest period.

While cleaning up poop is frustrating for me, I'm sure it hasn't been a picnic for Pearl either. I could tell yesterday that her tummy wasn't doing as well. That is, until we went for a walk and she started trying to hunt the bunnies in the neighborhood. She has a sharp bark! It was so funny!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Pearl and poor you. You've got my sympathy on cleaning accidents. It's just awful.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home