Boogalu and Pearl's Page

A blog about Boogalu and Pearl, Beagles who were rescued.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hooked!

Yesterday I took a stool sample from Pearl to the vet. Yep, she has hookworms. So Pearl and Boogalu are being treated with Drontal Plus. Evidently hookworms are difficult to elminate and you need to treat the lawn to prevent re-infection. Fun.

Hopefully by getting rid of the hookworms we'll solve Pearl's colitis issue. We'll have to wait and see. I gave them the de-worming medicine yesterday, and today Pearl is a bit droopy. She's all happy to go out or be fed, but otherwise she's just sleeping. If this keeps up for another day or so, I'll be calling the vet again.

2 Comments:

Blogger JuliaR said...

Ah, dog poop and upset tummies - see: the first two months of my blog! It all evens out eventually - take heart. We are now at two poops a day (mostly) and I am working to see if I can stabilize them to 12 hours apart or some other means of predicting them. But it's taken months and months and I only have the one dog! Thank goodness for crates.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Julia - Thanks! Boogalu took several months to work out the poop schedule, but I guess we sort of "forgot" that part. We'll get there, I'm sure. It just takes patience and I'm not known for that!

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home