Boogalu and Pearl's Page

A blog about Boogalu and Pearl, Beagles who were rescued.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Expanding Horizons

Boogalu and Pearl are watching us from within the confines of the temporary garden fence while we "dog proof" the new fence. Boogalu has the sense to sit in the shade of the hydrangea bush. Pearl usually does too, but she was curious.


This is reckless abandon after the temporary fence came down. Pearlie is smiling! Note the chicken wire along the fence line. We're hoping this at least deters some digging and buys us some time in order to prevent escapes. So far, so good. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

They both loved rolling IN THAT SPOT! I ended up putting a cooler over it to get them to stop rolling in the dirt. Now they are happy, filthy, hounds. :)

4:27 AM  
Blogger JuliaR said...

It's either the cool bare earth they like, or something died there. :) I have yet to photographically catch Rockwell rolling with abandon.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Julia - We do have squirrels who occassionally bury things, and I think Pearl and Boogie find that scent attractive. They also like rolling in bird poop of all things. But then, something may have died there in the previous geologic age. You never know. My husband just called me at work and told me "my beagle" was rolling in dirt. Pearl is my beagle, and Boogie is his. Either way, they're tremendous fun if you don't mind dirty hounds.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home